The Melton Foundation actively promotes global citizenship as a way for individuals and organizations to work together across boundaries of place and identity to address global challenges.
The Melton Foundation is a leading proponent of global citizenship as a way to encourage people and institutions to collaborate on shared global challenges. We accomplish this through a portfolio of hands-on projects and activities that involve a growing network of Melton Fellows, universities, and partners in diverse world regions who share our commitment to promoting global citizenship.
The Melton Foundation and its Fellows are guided by a set of core values that define who we aspire to be and how we project ourselves in the world.
- Global Citizenship
- We have a duty to mobilize the Foundation and its network to promote the practice of global citizenship through local and global action.
- We acknowledge and appreciate cultural differences, and actively nurture in ourselves and in others the ability to understand the world from multiple perspectives.
- Our passion for learning about different fields, issues, and ideas empowers Fellows to be interdisciplinary thinkers and doers.
- Trust, Responsibility, and Reciprocity
- We practice open communication and personal accountability among each other as the basis of a global network of support, learning experiences, and lifelong personal and professional relationships.