Get Your Passport to Global Citizenship Today.
When you join the almost 500 Melton Fellows around the world, you become part of a global network – for life. Melton Fellows from China to Chile, Germany to India and the United States, come together to learn about our different cultures, common challenges and unique solutions.
Joining the Melton Foundation gives you a window into the world and a worldwide platform to make a difference.
As a Melton Fellow, you will:
- experience new cultures and improve your ability to work across barriers of country, nationality and culture
- expand your global knowledge on a diverse range of topics – from sustainability to cultural diversity
- gain new skills through hands-on workshops, activities and trainings and events like the Global Citizenship Conference
- put these skills to use in the ‘real world’ – in your career, your community, and around the world, and
- work in teams with Fellows on campus, in other countries and online on projects that make a positive impact locally and globally.
The Melton Fellowship starts while you are in university. Through online learning, teamwork, and travel to other countries you will collaborate with Melton Fellows around the world to become a global citizen. After you graduate from university, as a Melton "Senior" Fellow you continue to collaborate in projects of increasingly higher profile and impact.
In short, when you join the Melton Foundation, you become equipped to be a global citizen – for life.
- The Foundation is currently associated with five universities. Only first- and second-year students at these five universities may apply to be a Melton Fellow.
|B. M. S. Educational Trust (Bangalore, India)||Dillard University (New Orleans, Louisiana, USA)|
|Friedrich Schiller Universität (Jena, Germany)||Universidad de La Frontera (Temuco, Chile)|
|Zhejiang University (Hangzhou, China)|
The Melton Foundation is looking for future fellows
- Who are – or show clear evidence of potential to become – global citizens, and
- Who can and will promote global citizenship through support for like-minded partner organizations, and through her/his own global citizenship projects
Here are the specific characteristics we are looking for:
Global perspective and intercultural competence
- Knowledge about foreign cultures, international issues, and global topics
- Intercultural experience, whether across the street or across the world.
Track record of active involvement in their societies
- Engagement in local initiatives with a connection to global topics
- Personal initiative, and teamwork experience
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong academic record
- Basic to intermediate English language skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
If you think you can be a global citizen, apply now
All applications MUST be complete and submitted by your University’s specific deadline.
The deadline to submit your application for your specific university is:
- Universidad de la Frontera:December 06, 2013. (The deadline for application at UFRO has passed for this year! Please apply in 2014.
- Dillard University:February 21, 2014 (The deadline for application at DU has passed for this year! Please apply in 2014.)
- Friedrich Schiller University:February 8, 2014. Deadline extended to March 17.
- BMS College of Engineering:March 10, 2014(The deadline for application at BMS has passed for this year! Please apply in 2014.)
- Zhejiang University:March 16, 2014
After each campus’ application deadline, 10-15 finalists from each campus will be invited to a selection interview with a global selection team.
The final interviews will take place at the following dates:
- Dillard University:March 31 - April 03, 2014
- Zhejiang University:April 12-13, 2014
- Universidad de la Frontera:April 14-16, 2014
- BMS College of Engineering:April 26-27, 2014
- Friedrich Schiller University:April 26-27, 2014
Finalists will be informed by mid-May whether their application was successful.